Climate Change Program
For more information about CIEL's Climate Change Program, contact Niranjali Amerasinghe.
Safeguarding forests and sustainable livelihoods
Deforestation damages ecosystems, communities, and the Earth's climate. CIEL helps design policies and actions to reduce deforestation in a manner that follows a rights-based approach and respects international law. Supporting the sustainable livelihoods of forest-dependent peoples and ensuring their continued access to resources helps reduce deforestation, protect biodiverstiy, and stabilize the climate.
Learn more about protecting the world's forests
Latest Climate Change News
- In Warsaw: Low Ambition, High Risk
- CIEL Reaction to Carbon Majors Report
- 19th Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change meets in Warsaw
- US Treasury Announces New Guidance on Financing for Coal-Fired Power Plants in Developing Countries
- Fracking Dispute Under NAFTA Highlights Potential Pitfalls of EU-U.S. Trade Agreement
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Climate Change at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Climate Change category.