Climate Change Program
For more information about CIEL's Climate Change Program, contact Niranjali Amerasinghe.
Safeguarding forests and sustainable livelihoods
Deforestation damages ecosystems, communities, and the Earth's climate. CIEL helps design policies and actions to reduce deforestation in a manner that follows a rights-based approach and respects international law. Supporting the sustainable livelihoods of forest-dependent peoples and ensuring their continued access to resources helps reduce deforestation, protect biodiverstiy, and stabilize the climate.
Learn more about protecting the world's forests
Latest Climate Change News
- Executives facing climate denial-related claims could be personally liable - NGOs
- Logging Concessions Enable Illegal Logging Crisis in the Peruvian Amazon
- Groups Appeal to UN to Halt Imminent Forced Evictions of Indigenous Ngöbe Community
- Young Filipinos file Supreme Court Petition against Government. Their Demand: Divide the Roads in Half
- 9 Groups react to retrograde fossil fuel support in Omnibus Appropriations legislation
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Climate Change at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Climate Change category.