International Financial Institutions Program
For more information about CIEL's International Financial Institutions Program, contact Jocelyn Medallo.
CIEL: Getting the International Finance Corporation to respect and protect human rights
March 9, 2011
On March 2, 2011, CIEL, along with some 60 civil society organizations from different regions of the world, submitted a letter to the Vice President and CEO of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), Lars Thunell. The Joint Civil Society Statement on IFC’s Draft Sustainability Framework expresses civil society’s concern with IFC’s failure to include adequate safeguards in the Draft that will ensure respect for the human rights of people and communities affected by IFC’s activities.
For more information:
To receive CIEL's monthy newletter, click here.
Latest International Financial Institutions Program News
- Civil society organizations respond to omissions and unclear path forward in the International Finance Corporation's "Lessons Learned" presentation to World Bank
- Civil Society calls on the World Bank to address human rights violations associated with World Bank funded development projects
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development: Draft Environment and Social Policy Retreats on Human Rights
- Young Filipinos file Supreme Court Petition against Government. Their Demand: Divide the Roads in Half.
- The Guide for Potential Amici in International Investment Arbitration