International Financial Institutions Program
For more information about CIEL's International Financial Institutions Program, contact Jocelyn Medallo.
CIEL: Getting the International Finance Corporation to respect and protect human rights
March 9, 2011
On March 2, 2011, CIEL, along with some 60 civil society organizations from different regions of the world, submitted a letter to the Vice President and CEO of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), Lars Thunell. The Joint Civil Society Statement on IFC’s Draft Sustainability Framework expresses civil society’s concern with IFC’s failure to include adequate safeguards in the Draft that will ensure respect for the human rights of people and communities affected by IFC’s activities.
For more information:
To receive CIEL's monthy newletter, click here.
Latest International Financial Institutions Program News
- Indian communities suffering from destructive coal plant sue the International Finance Corporation in U.S. Courts
- Tell the World Bank not to Risk Human Rights and Human Lives - Real Development Requires Strong Safeguards!
- International Coalition Warns: World Bank Driving Hazardous Development
- 10,000 People from 90 Countries Demand World Bank Respect Human Rights
- US Congress opposes World Bank plan to weaken environmental and social protections,seeks transparency about “beneficial owners” of shell companies.