International Financial Institutions Program
For more information about CIEL's International Financial Institutions Program, contact Jocelyn Medallo.
CIEL: Getting the International Finance Corporation to respect and protect human rights
March 9, 2011
On March 2, 2011, CIEL, along with some 60 civil society organizations from different regions of the world, submitted a letter to the Vice President and CEO of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), Lars Thunell. The Joint Civil Society Statement on IFC’s Draft Sustainability Framework expresses civil society’s concern with IFC’s failure to include adequate safeguards in the Draft that will ensure respect for the human rights of people and communities affected by IFC’s activities.
For more information:
To receive CIEL's monthy newletter, click here.
Latest International Financial Institutions Program News
- Civil society expresses concern about the trend by World Bank Group Management to refute, deny or otherwise fail to act on critical findings of its accountability mechanisms
- CIEL and partner organizations are searching for a consultant to help build a global coalition and devise a campaign strategy on Human Rights & Development Finance Institutions
- Lawsuit Challenges Federal Financing of Coal Exports from East Coast Ports
- The World Bank's new energy strategy is both a valuable step and a missed opportunity towards alleviating poverty, tackling climate change, and investing in truly sustainable development
- Civil Society and Entrepreneurs Call on World Bank to Clean Up Energy Lending