Trade and Sustainable Development
For more information about CIEL's Trade & Sustainable Development Program, contact Baskut Tuncak.
CIEL organizes a side-event on human rights, climate change and technology transfer
At the fifth meeting of the World Intellectual Property Organization's (WIPO's) Committee on Development and Intellectual Property (CDIP), CIEL brought together experts on human rights policy and technology transfer to discuss how human rights can inform technology transfer discussions.
The speakers included Mr. Robert Archer (ICHRP), Mr. Michael Waibel (Cambridge University), and Baskut Tuncak of CIEL. Ms. Caroline Dommen (QUNO) and Mr. Subhas Gujadhur (Permanent Mission of Mauritius) provided commentary afterward.
To read IP Watch's coverage of the event, please click here.
Baskut Tuncak, Law Fellow, Center for International Environmental Law
email: email@example.com or tel: +41.22.321.47.77
To receive CIEL's monthy newletter, click here.
Latest Trade & Sustainable Development Program News
- CIEL statement on release of TTIP chemicals documents by European Commission
- Leaked TTIP draft for chemicals sector reveals a toxic partnership
- CITES failing to adequately protect endangered Afrormosia tree
- TTIP crosses the line on toxic chemicals for 111 NGOs
- Economic benefits of tighter controls for endocrine disruptors outweigh hypothetical trade effects