Law & Communities Program
For more information about CIEL's Law and Communities Program, contact Kristen Genovese.
Defending Communities' Rights
CIEL’s Law and Communities (L&C) Program assists communities in defending their rights to land and natural resources. Working with partners around the world, CIEL provides direct support to communities by helping them access regional and international mechanisms to defend themselves. CIEL also advocates for international laws and policies that recognize community-based property rights, with a special focus on the right to free, prior, and informed consent (FPIC).
Learn more about the Law & Communities Program
Latest Law & Communities Program News
- Early Warning System Launched to Alert Communities to Investments that may Affect their Rights
- Mining license approved in wake of violence, investigation into murder pending
- New CIEL blog post asks #Whatwillittake for the World Bank to uphold human rights?
- Urgent Action: Call for investigation and company departure in response to recurring violence in area of Canadian-owned silver project
- Guatemala's Highest Court Denies Justice to Indigenous Peoples Affected by Mining
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Law & Communities
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Law & Community topics at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Law & Communities category.